Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIN Time at EES (What I Need!)























 As many of you know, WIN means "What I Need".  "What I Need" is different for every student at EES.  Some students work in a small group with an adult focused on targeted skill development, while others might be working independently on specific work that their teacher assigns.  I walked around today during WIN time to observe the level of student engagement.  I am pleased to say that students working independently were focused and engaged, and knew specifically what they should be doing.  I have included pictures of what WIN looks like at different grade levels.  The ones I included are of children not working directly with a staff member in a group.  I also included various directions that I saw on whiteboards or Activboards and some student work samples.  Teachers are very clear with students on what their focus is and children are able to explain this.  Some are working on "must do's" while others might work off of a choice menu.